With all the oils I work with, I have to admit that Lemon is towards the top of the list that makes me feel good, inside and out. Also, I buy Lavender Essential in bulk and use it in many of my products. The aromatherapy benefits are amazing for calming, stress and headache prevention.
This is one of my favorite sprays I’ve made, which originally started out as a Baby Room Spray, then decided to add more essential oil and it became a Mood Spray, which hits your senses within seconds. The first day I made this – was almost instantaneous when I sprayed around my face and neck area – and the smell, with a little Vanilla Extract was wonderful. It’s inexpensive to make, using only three oils:: Orange, Lemon & Lavender (I also added a small amount of good Vanilla Extract) added to either Vodka or Everclear (100% 180 proof pure natural grain alcohol). NOW oils are very inexpensive and you can buy 1 and 2 ounce bottles. You’ll have enough oil to last for years for your sprays I like a lot of essential oil in my sprays, as I find they reap more benefits for me.
To make your own Refreshing Room Spray you will need:
– lemon essential oil
– orange essential oil
– lavender essential oil
– vodka, purified water or witch hazel (the vodka or everclear is my preferred ) the aroma is more intense
– clean spray bottle-for storage
Tip: alcohol helps mix the oil and water particles and results in the scent lasting longer in the air.
1. In a liquid measuring cup combine 1/4 cup of unflavored vodka, 40 drops of orange essential oil, 30 drops of lemon essential oil and 20 drops of lavender essential oil. Whisk together to blend. (these amounts can be increased for a stronger scent)
2. You can add a quarter cup of distilled water – but I like my sprays stronger
3. Shake well before spraying.
Note: Vanilla Essential oil is extremely expensive and un-affordable. I used a good Vanilla Extract and love it.