A couple of years ago, I made up a really nice facial moisturizer using Alba Botanica base as it is 100% vegetarian base ingredients with no animal testing. This lotion is unscented, which makes it nice, as you can add a little essential oil if you wish. It is very affordable at about $7.99 or less for an 8 ounce bottle (with a pump). You can buy at Walmart, Walgreen’s, Sprouts, or any health food store.
Using a cream with a pump is critical , as creams in a jar are lethal if you stick your finger in the jar. No way in the world would I ever make a cream moisturizer and sell it. I have in the past purchased two products (one from a major company) where these was black mold in the top of the jar. In order to be able to stick your finger in a jar it has to be loaded with chemicals – trust me on that fact. If you can’t pronounce the ingredient – it’s usually a chemical. If you willing to have a little patience you can find a recipe or alternative remedy – for just about everything.
Anyway, several years ago when my brother and sister-in-law were visiting, I was telling her about how nice this moisturizer was. She is a long time hospice nurse, infact she cared for my father in his last months – and eventually married my brother, which is one of those great endings. She loved this recipe and bought all the ingredients and she uses this cream on her hospice patients. I’ve used pure Jojoba Oil for years on my face, but made up a bottle of this the other day to apply when I leave the house – without looking greasy. . This is nice as it’s very dry in Arizona and the skin suffers. It is very cooling when applied to face – and super hydrating -you can’t go wrong.
1. Alba Botanica Face Lotion
- 3 ounce bottle (you can find a 3 pack at Dollar Tree)
- fill the bottle 3/4 full with Alba Botanica very emollient body lotion
2. add 1/2 teaspoon of Honey or if you have the Honey Wash add 1/2 teaspoon
3. add 1/2 teaspoon of one of these oils – Castor Oil, Almond or Apricot is nice also
4. Break open and add a couple of capsules of Vitamin E
5. If you choose to add essentials oils add…
- 10 or so drops of Lavender
- or 5 drops of Orange Oil
- or others that you might like
I love the feel of it – Honey is food for the skin.